Remember what Bilbo used to say...

" It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."





Monday, April 19, 2010

Explore. Dream. Discover

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain


Photo by Rambling Gypsy
Oh dear Mark Twain, how you make things sound so easy. What if I jumped in this boat and just took off? Where would I go? Who would I see? Do I really want too? Yes, but I really don’t have the guts to do it.

Anyway, the boat wouldn’t be the same for me as it was sitting right there by the trees floating peacefully. I think more than anything I wanted to go lie out on the boat and look into the sky, maybe take a nap. I wanted to feel the boat floating and rocking gently with the waves. I wanted to listen to the water sing a sweet lullaby to me. I wanted to feel small in a big world with the protection of a boat. Crazy thoughts!

A girl can dream, explore and discover all the same without jumping on a boat. I can walk a million miles and have a magnificent moment at my front door. Such as this boat floating a few feet from me; I wasn’t looking for it and I am sure it wasn’t looking for me. But we found each other and it made my imagination go wild with “What if?”

“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” – Martin Buber

No comments: