Remember what Bilbo used to say...

" It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."





Monday, April 05, 2010

The bus, shoes and tourist prt 1

“Never run after a bus or a man. There will always be another one.”~ ?



Today the family ventured out to buy little girl new shoes at the market. When I say market, I mean small venders lined up on both sides of a very narrow road. To start our day we needed to catch the public double Decker bus. Once we get on the bus we then travel along many curly, bumpy roads that offer no guard rails. The lack of guard rails gives people great opportunities to see the rolling cliffs and their watery bottoms up close. I felt completely safe…Anyway, I kept telling myself. It made me wonder how the bus drivers get trained. Then I decided I didn’t need to think about “how the drivers get trained” that was one road I should not take. The bus speed along like there is no tomorrow-Thank god I don’t get motion sickness!

Once we got to our stop (Stanley Plaza) we climb down the stairs of the double Decker bus and walked into a stream of people-tourist that is. They were heading to the same place we were. SHIT, it is Easter week-end, what was I thinking? I should of planned better- Oh well!

We walked out of the plaza area and pass the prier of cafés. Side note: the only locals you will see at these cafés are the owners and the workers; otherwise they are all filled with foreigners from all over the world. I try to find the local joints-WHY?  It is usually cheaper and better food!

I have to stop here…more later

"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving." ~Lao Tzu

No comments: