Remember what Bilbo used to say...

" It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."





Friday, March 19, 2010

Flowers


Sometimes…we need to stop, smell and appreciate the flowers around us.


Flowers teach us that things don’t last forever. Beauty doesn’t last forever. Our favorite aromas don’t last forever. We want so badly sometimes things to last forever. But if we had appreciated them before they were gone…our heartache would be lessened for when they passed.

I love taking photos of flowers. I can take many photos of the same type of flower and no two will ever look like…similar to a snowflake. Today I was walking without my camera and I came across the most beauty flower. I had no camera to preserve this moment. I inhaled the flower’s engaging aroma, touched it flimsy petals and watched it sway in the wind. I won’t forget this flower all because I didn’t take a photo of it. Today I was forced to take time to appreciate what was put in front of me. Maybe I need to spread this design to the rest of my life. I am trying.

If you haven’t had a chance to see some flowers today, here are a few of my own photos from over the years….


“The picture of a flower in a botanical book is information; its mission ends with our knowledge. But in pure art it is a personal communication. And therefore until it finds its harmony in the depth of our personality it misses the mark. We can treat”~Rabindranath Tagore

No comments: