Remember what Bilbo used to say...

" It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."





Sunday, January 03, 2010

Stanely Restaurant

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and avoid the people, you might better stay home."~James Michener

Stanley Restaurant is a hole in the wall kind of place in the Stanley market. Here is the thing you can't find it on Google or the travel books, but they will list a Stanley Restaurant. But I have been to THE Stanley Restaurant and it doesn’t look like any of the place I found on the internet or in the travel books. So I won’t be posting what it looks like either. You want to visit it…then go find it yourself. Finding it will be an experience in itself. You will appreciate it more.
They are not hurting for business; we were the only foreigners there and the place was packed. I want to keep this local place, local. It is hard for me to find local places by myself, so when I find one I want to keep it to myself. Word travels fast when a new place is found and I don’t want this place to get ruin by loud mouth tourist who can’t find a seat or their food is taking to long, or better yet “why do I have to sit with strangers”.

This is going to be my place to meet people and make new friends!

“There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments: